1. Data Protection:
As data controller we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its relevant subordinate legislation when handling any personal information.
- When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it (see paragraph 2 below) and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else (see paragraph 3 below).
- We will comply with the Principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will ensure all personal information supplied to us is held securely.
- We will ensure that any information will be held only as long as is necessary to ensure our service runs smoothly.
- We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access (see paragraph 3 below).
- Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you please write to Paul Rice, Polypipe, Broomhouse Lane, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1ES enclosing your payment of £10 for our administration costs. As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity we will send you, within 40 days, a copy of all the data we hold concerning you. Please contact us at the same address if you have any reason to believe the data we hold on you is inaccurate.
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect And Why Do We Collect It?
- We will collect personal information from you when you register and log in and when you respond to requests to submit personal information about yourself, in order to administer the registration services, process orders and to provide you with a more personalised experience of the website and its functionality.
- We may also keep a record of those parts of the website you use most often to enable us to monitor and improve our service and to know which parts are of most interest to you.
- We will use the personal information supplied by you to administer any registration services, to keep a record of the services you have subscribed to/products you have purchased and to deliver to you services/products you have requested and to help us personalise our service to you.
- We may from time to time use your information to provide you with an update about our services and products. You can at any time send an e-mail to email@example.com if you should decide that you no longer wish to receive this information.
3. To Whom Will We Supply Your Personal Data?
- We will only supply your personally identifiable information to any other person or organisation:
- where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested;
- where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose;
- where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
- We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any other third parties.
4. Links to other websites
- Polypipe takes great care to ensure the security of this website and your personal information.
- It is your responsibility to protect your user name or password where you use services on this website requiring you to provide such information and you must not share or disclose your user name or password to any other party.