Low profile screed system
The low profile screed system is a way of installing underfloor heating in to new solid/screeded floors. It is best suited to refurbishment projects where an increase in the floor build up is at a premium. This system uses lightweight moulded plastic panels to hold the pipe in place before screed is poured on top.
As with the red floor panel system, the low profile panels facilitate the pipework being laid in the optimum spiral configuration and provide a degree of protection for the pipe against other tradespeople working on site. The low profile screed system allows for a lower finished floor height to be achieved because it can be utilised with screed depths from 35mm, whereas the recommended level of screed for red floor panels is 65mm. Remember to always check your screed manufacturer’s installation advice.
If you are unsure which Polypipe Underfloor Heating system is the best fit for your project, our team of in-house specialists would be happy to discuss your project and make a recommendation. Simply give us a call on 01709 772380.
Features & benefits of using the Low Profile Screed system
- Best practice system for solid and screeded floors
- Simpler, more accurate installation
- Precise pipe positioning
- Ensures minimum pipe bending radius is achieved
- Panels are quick and easy to cut to size
- Can be used in any size or shape room
- Facilitates spiral configurations and 100 mm pipe centres
- Approximately 15% less screed required
Key design information
|Typical heat output at 50ºC mean water temperature
|91 W/m2 at 100mm pipe spacing
|Recommended design flow temperatures
|Maximum circuit length
|Maximum coverage per circuit
|11m2 at 100 mm centres
22m2 at 200 mm centres
30m2 at 300 mm centres (18 mm pipe only)
Get a FREE underfloor heating quote today
Simply send us your plans and we’ll send you a quote back within 3 hours*
* For single home projects where all required information is supplied, turnaround times for quotes will be three hours, within our normal working hours of Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. A member of our Underfloor Heating team will contact you promptly to discuss the details of your project and confirm your expected quotation time.